Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Lip balm and Tiger Balm

Today I submitted my last undergraduate essay. I'm pretty proud of my work. It's around 5000 words long.

After that, I went off to return library books and then to buy lip balm.
Here it is. Some beeswax thing. (I have no idea what beeswax is.) Anyway, it felt authentic and kind of reminded me of Tiger Balm.

Here is a picture of what Tiger Balm ointment looks like (in case you have no idea).

When I buy Tiger Balm, I've to get it in this tiny round metal container that is ridiculously hard open (vs the glass jar). Feels more nostalgic and cute! Oh yar, did I also mention that Tiger Balm in tiny metal container is also practically impossible to be located in shops. Haha, people are so into practicality. Hmph! (I'm hmph-ing at those people in distaste, in case you didn't get what's the hmph for.)

Anyway, I bought the Beeswax lip balm that reminded me of Tiger Balm. It's pretty expensive compared to other brands. Gosh there was some shiny lip balm on discount from Blistex and I retarded-ly paid $4.99 for this non-shiny Beeswax thing. I thought it's 'better' since it's in a container instead of those rolling tubes. And I thought the volume was larger.

Okay, all is fine and well. It even smells pretty nice. (I asked OF to sniff it, but he got to do it at a distance. His nose hairs might fall into the lip balm. Hehehe.)

I've just tried to use it and it's almost impossible to dig the balm out of the container. The texture is SO hard. After a few rather feeble attempts using my blunt fingers, I stuck my lips into the lip balm container. (Such an ugly picture, don't imagine!) ARgH.

Now I've some balm on my lips and it feels kind of funny. Peppermint flavoured. Felt like toothpaste on my lips. Sheesh. I don't like it. I don't know. Maybe there are people out there who like the feeling of Mentos on their lips. I rather peppermint flavoured stuff be in my mouth. Yes, I read the peppermint label when I bought it. And the peppermint probably made it smell nice. But there's the minty feeling on my lips.

It's like putting Tiger Balm on your lips. Sheesh, looks like Tiger Balm, feels like Tiger Balm. Maybe I could use the beeswax thing on my bruises and sores.

Note: Now, it doesn't feel so toothpasthy. It's kind of sticky now. Ew. It's like Tiger Balm, loses its 'sting' after a while.

1 comment:

Helen Lyle said...

Yeap, I bought a tube of Burt's Bees 3 years ago, never used it twice. Cost me quite a bit too.