Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Hm, religion?

Yesterday, OF dragged me out of bed and off to church. It's one of the first few times we have gone to church in year 2007. OF rationalized: The lack of attendance was due to his high school workload.

Anyway, as usual, I'm slouching on the pew bench because the pastor is not terribly exciting. OF said I need to sit up straight because that would be a sign of respect. I still don't comprehend why good posture = respect. *-_-??*

Back home, I thought about assorted stuff. I haven't decided on a religion yet. I think religion is a rather good thing, provided you don't go around proclaiming jihad to others. I mean, those horrid prisoners who took up religion and became good. How bad is that?

Okay. I was asking OF why don't we ask those yin-yang yan3* people to ask the ghosts what religion to believe. OF was going: Those might be some bad spirits, might not be true.. etc.

But there are also lots of funny people back in the past who might have had schizophrenia. Then, they could have gone about proclaiming to be God. If they were charismatic and not too nutty, enough people could have believed them. *horrors* It's a sort of modern day cult.

So how do you know that the "accepted" religions like Christianity, Islam etc are not created by some schizophrenic guy running amok?

Anyway, I don't know. I don't even know whether the yin-yang people really see what they see. OF says they are delusional. But I still want to know. What do yin-yang yan3 people believe in? Do they have a religion? Or do they only know that there exists ghosts wandering around but they have no idea where rest of the un-ghost are.

Disclaimer: This is just a random bunch of questions. Don't get oh-so-worked up.


* yin-yang yan3: Having the ability to see dead people/ghosts

No comments: