Thursday, March 08, 2007

School Songs

I was thinking of my old school songs yesterday.. and I can't remember them.
To give myself some credit, I didn't forget everything...

Primary School (XPS):
78% recalled

*We the pupils of XPS
In spirit we are one
As brothers help each other
In study and at play
Working towards perfection
In school from day to day
Humility and honesty
Love and respect for all
School and to community
We will answer to your call (back to *)

But I can't remember how it ends...


Secondary School (TKGS):
25% recalled

We can not all be heros and throw a hemisphere?
With some great daring venture, some deed that mocks at fear
But we can fill a life time with kindly acts and truth?
For glory of the country and ......

I think there are 3 stanzas..


Junior College (VJC):
Can't recall the tune... Copied the lyrics from wikipedia

Victoria in Singapore
There are other schools we know
Victoria is something more
The school that watch'd us grow

For here we've learnt and striven too
And played the sportsman's game
Victoria we give to you
The honour that you claim

Victoria thy sons are we
And we will not forget
Victoria thy triumphs see
And victories we share yet

For others came before and went
And carried to the world
Victoria's fame and our intent to
Keep her flag unfurled


Okay.. So why am I writing all these? I hope someone out there will stumble upon my blog and fill in the blanks in the songs for me. Hehe..
If that doesn't work out.. At least I've a partial record of the songs, before they all get wiped off my bad bad memory.

I still can't believe I remember most of my Pri school song.. 6 years of brainwashing singing. Haha.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry but i can't remember the xps school song anymore....

Helen Lyle said...

yo check out my blog.

Jo said...

i found your blog when googling for xps song.. I happened to see their song on their website:
href=http://www.xinghuapri.moe.edu.sg/cos/o.x?c=/wbn/pagetree&func=view&rid=24318

And i, like you, kind of remember the song in my memory though its like 20 yrs ago.. lol..

However I fumbled on a line of the lyrics on their website "Striving for excellence".. I recalled it as "Working towards perfection".. so I googled "working towards perfection xinghua" and found your blog, which confirmed my memory is correct.. they changed the school song!.. Also I think they changed the school motto from "Towards Perfection" to "Towards Excellence".. haha..

Ok, I am be so damn bored to leave such a long comment on this old blog entry :P