Thursday, March 22, 2007

Dating 101: When he does too much (without you wanting him to).

I figured I'm not so great at whining, so I shall dish out unsolicited dating/relationship advice instead. Hahaha.

He (includes partners, boyfriends, almost boyfriends, people who like you, etc etc) does too much when:
- He does your Math assignments for you (including visiting your professor to ask questions) when you told him: "leave it, it's fine"

- Neglects sleep, social life, food, schoolwork to keep you company
- Washes your all dishes
- Folds 1000 paper cranes for you, write your name on many tiny macaronis (that sort of thing)

These are just examples... They may or may not have happened to me (or my friends). Don't speculate. Tsk!

After doing all these redundant, yet sweet, things, he will complain or feel wei3 qu1 (wronged).
Why? Because he had invested so much time/effort and you didn't reciprocate/appreciate.

My point of view (and, maybe, other females):
Hello?! I didn't ask you to do so many things... so if you don't want to do it, don't. Else, do it (to make me happy) and don't complain.

I don't know why guys think that we should appreciate the things we didn't ask/want them to do. My analogy: Guys doing too much (without me wanting him to) = force feeding (caviar), when I'm full and fat.

Oh yes, we unappreciative females appreciate your kind thoughts and attempts (keyword: attempts), to please us. You are nice and kind and sweet, but PLEASE don't complain, whine or feel wronged after doing what you chose to do. We didn't put a gun to your head.
(You might have the right to whine, if we forced you into the task.)

So, guys, go ahead and do whatever you want to proclaim your undying love. Just don't sulk and expect that we will always appreciate it (as much as you like us to).

Qualifier: You still got to do the basic stuff that is expected of you. (i.e. send the girl home, celebrate valentine's day/birthday/anniversary, listen to her talk/whine/bitch/cry)

No comments: