Thursday, July 13, 2006

Blogging at Work?

I seem to always be updating my blog while at work. I guess I feel it is a ‘waste of time’ to be blogging at home. Time at home is meant for doing things that I won’t be paid for.

Today I had my first attempt on html. Haha, I actually managed to get the Current Terror Alert icon up. Mighty pleased with myself considering my tech skills are very lacking. Despite learning some tech stuff about remote access at work and being oh-so-successful at adding icons to my blog, I have yet to figure out what’s wrong with my laggy computer. It now takes a full 15minutes to get my computer to start. I wake up every morning and start my computer. Then, I brush my teeth, pee, prepare breakfast and return to my room to find my computer still in the mist of starting. My MSN will be Not-Responding and that light that signals my computer is busy will be still madly flashing. I’m supposed to reformat my computer but I’ve yet to get to that desperate state of want to get rid of all my stuff for the sake of a faster, saner machine.

Guess my tech skills are limited to gaming and cracking pirated games code. That’s what I have acquired from my secondary school years of buying pirated games from Jade House and pasar malam. I’ve always been pretty annoyed by my lack of tech skills. This is one skill that has made me significantly poorer than I already am. I’ve spent tons of money and effort fixing machines, money buying original games… Bribing people to help me download movies, games.

Piracy is bad and you probably shouldn’t follow my example. Anyway, my computer is far too clogged up with miscellaneous nonsense for any more movies. ARgh.

I was interrupted by MSN and a colleague telling me about Siena (I’m going there for August). *lala* As usual, I’m hungry and want to go home. I shall whine more about my lacking tech skills and my Siena trip in another blog entry.

No comments: