Tuesday, October 03, 2006

What do I do next?

The time has come for me to decide how I am to embark on my life. I'm graduating in 7 months and within the next couple of weeks, I got to set my mind on doing whatever I want to do for the next few years. Why the hurry? (considering the fact that I have 7 more months of school... ) BECAUSE ALL THE DEADLINES FOR EVERYTHING IS DUE IN A COUPLE OF DAYS/ months. I mean, I guess I could wait until I graduate before I go about looking for a job... but that sounds plain stupid when all the recruitment is happening now. (I'm already 2 weeks late in the job thing).

And should I go to graduate school? Do I really like research? Should I get my masters? Is my current arts/sci degree enough? I don't know. I'm not super keen in research. I find it okay, I-can-deal-with-it sort of okay. But is it enough enthusiasm for one to do a 6-7years PhD? (I'm probably whiny over the fact that my psych & GRE grades suck.)

Hm, how about a MAs? Is it that important to get at least a MA? Probably, since I'm only holding some arts/sci degree.

Work? What should I do?
I don't want to be stuck here when all the happening stuff is going on in New York. And how am I going to get a job in New York!?

Oh yar, should I stay in Toronto, go back Singapore, go to the States, go someone else? OF is still going to be stuck in Toronto for another year... but do I really want to stay here for long?

Questions, frustration, irritation. I guess I don't have a choice. I've got to make some sort of decision within this time frame that will determine my life (or for a few years at least).

No comments: