Sunday, October 29, 2006

Alluding to something

The recent brouhaha about an 18 year old blogger is really disturbing. I shall not mention names for I feel she had her share of attention (and I fear my blog gets slammed for no particular reason). It's pretty sickening (for me anyway) to read all those nasty comments people had about her, insulting her looks, family, upbringing... I guess I'm for a more tolerant and forgiving society... and please, she's 18. Yes, if you think she's morally corrupt and what's not, so be it. It doesn't reflect well on society (or people?) that so many seem so keen to bring about her demise.

It just seems frightening that people kick up a fuss over incidents without much thought. It is harsh (to me *Why am I quantifying all my comments*) that all this is going on without any regard for her feelings. How would people really react if this was to happen in real life (i.e. in a conversation)? I guess it's wouldn't get so ugly.

People are always so angry for all the wrong reasons.

Hm, I've learnt that people are dissatisfied about their lives and some people are really mean. I'm leaving my blog at this. For I fear further ranting would get me into trouble. But I'm assuming (like her) that not many people read my blog (which unlike her, unfortunately is true)... So if you're someone who just happened to wander upon my blog, it's just food for thought. Pray, leave the girl (and me) in peace.

No comments: