Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The life of a bummer

Okay I'm back in Singapore. I'm not working. I'm officially bumming my days away.

It's a tough life being a bum. The days pass oh-so-slowly. I don't know why I don't feel this bored in Canada. I think it's the weather.

It's too hot to do anything. I just bum around. It's too hot to even sleep my days away.

And things are obscenely overpriced. I've been away for 2 years and suddenly everything is a-hell-lot more expensive.

I'm cheapskate, poor and unemployed. The living standard is far too high. My Ken-Ken cuttlefish is now 40 cents instead of 30 cents. *argh*

This place is impossibly expensive. And my bumming lifestyle has allowed me far too much time to wander about shopping malls. But I'm too POOR to buy anything.

But I bought this. The green waffle thing with chocolate. It's $1.30. I'm trying to recall whether there is a price increase.
I've learnt that you got to be really loaded to live the tai-tai lifestyle. Else you just live like a bum (aka me). I think working keeps you occupied (and dissatisfied). Too little time or energy to shop.

There are many new malls in Singapore. I've too little humour to go about exploring them. Too bored. Too little patience to entertain/meet up with those I'm not too familiar with.

Lazy. The hot and humid summer days go by oh-so-slowly. I have time to sit on a bus and listen to the aimless chatter of students returning home after classes. I have time to do things rather slowly (or rather, do things at my own pace, without time constrain).

Maybe I've been away for far too long. The cars seem to be on the wrong side of the road. I've stuffed people Canadian money by accident. I constantly feel like I'm in the middle of a
Jack Neo movie. It's unnerving.


No comments: