Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Creepy Creeps

I was waiting for a bus to take me home when I saw a totally creepy creep. Initially, I was busy observing this 9 to 11-year-old child who was dressed in somewhat oversized and unfashionable (really mismatched) clothes. The child was wearing pants held up with a far-too-tight belt and a t-shirt tucked all the way into the pants. This together with loafers with the backstay stomped flat. (Side note: I have no idea what the back of the shoe is called until now. Haha, blogging allows me to improve my vocabulary.)

His/her hair was longish, so the child might be a girl. But he/she was hanging out with a bunch of boys, so the child might be a boy. The child is fair with a face that looks both girlish and boyish. In all, I was busy staring, trying to figure out the gender of the child.

And there was this grown man hovering around this bunch of un-adult-supervised children. At first, he chatted with the child's friends but the friends soon left when their bus arrived. Then the man started chatting with this child.

I hate to be such a superficial judgmental person, but I am. I think that man is a creep. It seemed to me that the child was disinterested in having a conversation but the man kept trying to 'chat-up' the child. That man, Creepy Creep (CC), sends out BAD vibes. I'm convinced he is up to no good. I won't go as far as to claim he is a pedophile.. (though he probably is), but he sure seems like a creep.

Claim: Pedophiles like to pick out children who are awkward. So that CC is probably doing just that. The child looks obviously awkward with his/her odd dressing.

I listened/eavesdropped and figured out that CC was asking the child about his/her longish hair. I guess the hair is the first thing that hits you once you see the child. The hair is too long for a boy, though the child was dressed in boy's clothes. (As you can see, I was totally distracted by the androgynism.) CC was just asking about the hair. Argh. I couldn't verify his intentions.

Anyway, my bus came and I willed the child to get up the same bus. Unfortunately, my 'will' power is not strong and the child remained at the bus stop. Being the kiasi* Singaporean, I just boarded my bus and proceeded home. I'm so apathetic. (Haha, I'm a-pathetic.) But then, I really don't know what to do. Ask the creep to buzz off? Continue spying at them at the bus stop? What if CC is the child's friend/relative/teacher?

I'm not proud of my apathy. But then, what am I to do?


kiasi*: Singlish, scared died (direct translation), afraid of death

No comments: