Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Of health, beauty and vanity

The warm muddy weather is driving me insane. I have been in Singapore for 1.5 weeks and I am still sleeping and waking at odd hours. I doze off at 11pm and wake at 6am. Maybe it is the jet lag. Sometimes I wake in the middle of the night because the fan is blasting at me. It is darn irritating. I miss my duck feather duvet. My life is rather haphazard and boring. It is surprising that one's life could be so haphazardly put today and yet still so routine.

Some time last week, I bought contact lens after a dull window shopping trip at Kovan Heartland Mall. Here it is.
Additionally (and since I have nothing better to do), I decided to shell out $27.20 (usual retail price: $35) for a mask that is recommended by a friend.
.
Side note: I also bought some Maybelline Angel Fit Foundation for $25.90. Sheesh I just found out today that the shop that sells the $27 mask is selling my foundation for $19.90. ARgh. $6 down the drain. But what-the-heck.

Anyway, the mask is darn good and I'm totally in love with it. It's the best mask I've ever tried. (Hm, I haven't tried that many. But still...) It digs out all the ecky blackheads, whiteheads and maybe some facial hair *haha*. It's my new favourite thing. And yar, I just bought another bottle of it. Why? I don't know. I just like it. I like to stock up on random things like this. Oh, that reminds me, my Maybelline thing is also darn good. Yeah yeah. It's only available in Asia so I'm going to buy tons of it and cart them to NYC. I am a total kiasu garang guni. Hehe.
.
Here is my Seikisho Mask White. $27 for 75ml of good stuff!Oh, I also went for acupuncture. The things I do for the sake of vanity. I hope the poking needles will improve my dark circles. I look like a total monster with my dark circles (see above picture). *sobs* My brother also has them. Horrid horrid genes. Hope my acupuncture will get rid of my eye bags too!
.
Here is a picture I took just after the needle is plucked out of my hand. I had 6 needles poked in me. 4 on my face and 2 on my hands. The tiny hole is still present on my hand. Haha. It's so scary (needles in your face?!!). But I'm still going back. I have too much free time. -_-.


On a more solemn mood, a friend just found out that her mom has breast cancer. Her love-hate relationship with her mom is probably going to get much more complicated.

Hm, lots of people have love-hate parent-child relationships. Lots of irrational and rational resentment in life. Sheesh.

Well, I hope everything turns out well. Once the health part is dealt with, then one can worry about the more fun and frivolous parts of life... like Maybelline Foundation and eye bags. Hm, come to think of it, I should probably go for a full body check up, consider all the aches and pains and funny problems that seem to plague me. But like the-above-mentioned friend, I'm far too lazy and afraid of finding out about things I don't want to know. Oh, I so hate bad news.

OF says I'm like an old woman. Haha. For this once, he is right.

No comments: