Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Dream Job

Every time I tell people that I plan to retire young at 30/35 (or even earlier), I get this: Won't you be so bored?? + *appalled look*

For one, I am bored working. I don't see why work boredom doesn't count as real boredom. Anyway, I rather be bored doing nothing (or thinking of things to do) than be bored at work.

My dream job is to make myself happy. Well, it takes a lot, a lot of time. I'm terribly pessimistic and very highly strung. I need time to soothe my discomfort and fluff up my life (with lots of pillows and a hot mug of milo). It is a legitimate full time job.

I love weekday afternoon shopping, lazing in bed, having time to read... And yes, to placate and uhlala those people who have to work oh-so-hard.

I feel so acknowledged knowing that there are people our there like me. See here. It is on CNN. My dream kind of life is almost main stream...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm all for your "dream job"!