Monday, September 04, 2006

back

It has been 5 weeks. I'm finally home in Toronto. Back home to my fluffy bed and air conditioning. Time seems to have gone by really fast. I’m very much poorer but the experience has been great. Gross and disgusting at times, but overall, it’s a memorable trip.

It’s an overseas education during an overseas education (if you get what I mean). 5 weeks to cram in European Regional Economics, 5 weeks to travel, 5 weeks away from civilization (and all those morbid terrorist/war news). I felt I’ve learnt a lot, but I simply cannot articulate what I’ve learnt. It’s kind of odd, to feel so enriched yet not be able to write any of it down.

Maybe it’s the traveling and the lack of internet access. Maybe it’s just the getting away from the usual routines of work and life. I don’t know. I guess it’s not that relevant now that I’m back in Toronto, back to the realities of life.

I like going away. It changes priorities, makes you look at the world differently. It takes you away from fluffy pillows and put you with fleas. It allows you to let things go, to take things easy and appreciate life. It makes you so tired, that you ask yourself again: Why am I doing this?

But now, it’s back to Toronto, back to reality and back to the world.

No comments: