Monday, February 23, 2009

Web Discoveries

I think I was still living in Singapore when America's Next Top Model first aired, or maybe I was home on a summer break.  I really have no idea.  I have been living abroad for approximately 5 years or there about.  Anyway, back to the thing about America's Next Top Model, I was really fond of one of the contestant (every one else was a total bitch), I think she won 2nd place in the show: Elyse Sewell.  She was a pre-med student then and I am oh-so-fond of the intellectual sort so it was no surprise that I rooted for her to win.  

Too much random web surfing allowed me to stumble upon her blog.  Elyse is hilarious and is currently modelling in China / HK.  *sobs*  She didn't become the doctor she said she wanted to be!

Fortunately she has not evolved into some total airhead and here is her clip on Shanghai:


The exercising things really remind me of Singapore's HDB parks.  Cheap gym, unlike the overpriced gyms in Manhattan which I don't have moola for.  So I'm oh so unhealthy and flabby... Boohoo.  Trètragique!

Moving on, I found this clip on Singapore's teenage motherhood on Stomp.  Yikes, I really don't like the oh-so-self-righteous Stomp; I don't even want to be known as someone who knows Stomp exists.  Darn irritating site.  It's a good place to go if you want to become appalled by how self-righteous people are.  

This video is quite interesting though, not the typical self-righteous nonsense on Stomp.  I live in New York, filled with surprisingly few self-righteous folks except those Scientology, Christian and Obama preaching folks.  Peace!







No comments: