Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cover Up

At today's yoga session, I noticed that only 2 people in class were wearing shorts: me and one other guy (the only guy). Granted, the class was filled with middle aged, not-size-0 women, I could see why the women were not keen on flaunting their varicose veins to their colleagues.

I have varicose veins and a gigantic hole on my leg courtesy of falling into a flooded drain... but I still wear shorts.

I guess I hate pants. They are far far too hot. As the (unfortunate?) product of the Singaporean climate, I can firmly attest to the fact that pants / jeans are made by Ang Mohs for Ang Mohs. Sarongs are the way to go!!

Jeans are what I call heat-trappers. They trap a warm body of moist air around your leg, ensuring a nice cozy environment for sweat to form and for bacteria to thrive. Eww, I have shivers just thinking about it. Jeans are only meant to be worn during subzero winter temperatures which I have subjected myself to since I moved to N. America.

Argh. Going for yoga scares me. Did I mention that my yoga mates can't bend, move or stretch. I don't want to be reminded of the ways the body fails you when you aged.

No comments: