Thursday, March 27, 2008

Death and Living

In my previous delirious state not too long ago, I was crafting articulate blog entries (in my mind) that were worthy of great publication (or so I thought). Anyway, I soon snapped out of it and now I have problems scratching out sentences... Which is a far more common state for me to be in. =(

Anyway, I was delirious, and probably still is, with stomach flu. Or the more confusing term: Viral gastroenteritis.

Whatever it is, it made me puke, contemplate dying, write my will (to allocate my earthly belongings), denounce my love of capitalism and Kate Spade Bags (not happening!!! KS is having 20% sale from April 3rd to 6th! Should I buy?? Should I?).

Anyway, I gained some form of compassion for the Iraqis. All thanks to the nightmares during this delirious state (more on this later). I sort of decided on the unfortunate ones who would gain custody of my Sirotans, Purins and what-nots upon my death. Their fluffiness would be morbid upon my departure, yet the receivers would be (hopefully) too guilt ridden to get rid of my eternal stuffed presence. *pure evil*

According to the oh-so-high-tech-and-transparent weighing scale, yesterday I lost 1 kg but gained 2% fat. Today, I lost 1.5 kg and gained 1% fat (from my normal kg and fat %). Whatever.

But stomach flu is a great weight lost thing if you can stand the puking and the crapping.

It's a freaking North American thing. Singapore has its Dengue Fever, North America has Stomach Flu.

Okay, brief overview of how I think I contracted this deadly-suicidal-thoughts-inducing-disease:
- watched Betrayed, the play based on the report. This probably triggered my dreams filled with Iraqi administrative worries.
- ate
- went to someone's place
- ate some pieces of broken up Easter chocolate that was probably tainted with stomach flu (the someone had a brother-in-law with stomach flu)

Argh. I so shouldn't eat random stuff. Especially after I noticed that my brother promptly dumped all the chocolate pieces that he flipped onto the floor back into the bowl. Who knew what had been done to the chocolate prior to my greedy arrival?

I'm surprised I'm not dead after 2.5 days of near starvation. I gained a new appreciation for water. I learnt I hate fish flavoured maggi porridge. Life is all about gaining new knowledge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aiyoh... you shld eat more and stop worrying abt my stuff haha. and buy me a KS! I'll get you a Longchamp in Europe!