Thursday, May 17, 2007

We are the Planktons

I'm always having this conversation with OF about our plankton-y status.

If you watched Shark Tale, you might also remember the chart with Oscar, the tongue scrubber fish, at the lowest of the fish hierarchy.

Side note: Someone mentioned that I reminded him of Lenny, that vegetarian shark. I don't know why I keep reminding people of animals. -_- The animals I'm associated with are usually cute and fluffy.. But still... -_-.

Anyway, I feel very plankton-y and very tongue scrubber-y.

I guess it's the terrible age I'm in. I'm neither here nor there. Too inexperienced to be someone, too old to be no one/or to sponge off my parents guiltlessly. Even tiny tots (with rich parents) have a higher status then me. (Reminds me of the time when I was at my prof's place and he kindly reminded us that we are lowly beings without any status or connections. His tiny tots were, fortunately, in a much better situation than us.)

*French accent* This is a terrible age.

Yes, I like to remind myself that there are poor starving children in Africa who have nothing. I should be thankful and all. But I still want to complain and whine about my lack of stuff.

Anyway, a class speaker (some loaded self-made guy), told us that something must motivate you to work hard. It might be fear, greed, desperation, etc.

I think I have all three of these evil evil things.

Okay, I'm so filled with nasty wants... But that doesn't mean I'm going to be a success.
*Boohoo* Haha, I might just end up unsuccessful and consumed by nastiness.

(Why am I so amused by my possible horrid life? It's hard to be a success if you don't have some terrible nonsense chewing at your ankles about all the possible failures!! I am so discontented, yet happy. I'm so ironical. )

Anyway, I've always believe life will be good to me. And I've yet to be proven wrong.

No comments: