Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Lala... I have free time

My exams are over and I'm not doing much. But time seems to pass quickly. I don't know why. How horrid that time crawls to a standstill when examinations loom but darts off in a blink when you are having fun. Eh. But I'm not having fun. It's more of a having-time-to-myself thing.
During school terms, I'm usually flooded with deadlines, mid-terms and what-not. Now, there are things to do, but I have taken a more laidback approach. I guess it's cos there's nothing much I can do to that will crucially influence my life.

I'm glad I have the time to read. It's really hard to pry time away during school to read for leisure. Thank goodness huge, horrid volumes of textbooks have not squished my love for reading. I have a thing for classics. I'm currently reading Emma by Jane Austen. It's that sort of literature text hated by many. I have odd tastes in reading material.

Anyway, the extra time is good for reprioritizing, rethinking, re-orienting stuff in my life. Haha, school term forces my brain to focus on academia. Oh how I hate it. If only I have more time to think.

Alas, it would be back-to-school for me in 4 months. I hope the new environment would provide the sort of stimulation I need. This darn place is far too dull. I feel stifled and un-stimulated. I guess I didn't force myself to explore and push myself to find the sort of stimulation I need. I'm all coddled up here in my tiny little world with all its usual routines.

My prof was going (haha, I like to quote my profs) that one needs to put oneself in the most difficult situations. This way, one can improve. It's true. I'm such a masochistic; I like life to be a little tough on me. Haha. Anything too easy and comfortable becomes a boring routine. But then, I detest changes, stresses and other horrid things that come with challenges. I so need to find a balance. Need just the right amount of challenge and the right amount of stimulation.

No comments: