Saturday, November 25, 2006

Different

I have met up some friends of friends and we seemed so different. Maybe it's the environment or surroundings? Or the cold?

Yes, we can make conversation but other things.. like activities that we are keen on.. they are just SO different.

Or maybe it's just me.

I don't enjoy loud music, clubbing, spending too much $, drinking etc.

I'm such a goody two shoes. Sheesh.

It's simply so much more relaxing when I could spend time with those I'm closer to.

What's wrong with me? I'm always complaining about my lack of social life, yet when given a chance, I'm not that keen on interacting. Maybe I'm older, maybe I don't require quite so much affirmation from the society.

Gosh, my Toronto social circle is pathetic. It currently consists of 5, out of this, 2 are inanimate objects.

1. OF
2. Other housemate
3. Other housemate's date
4. Purin (stuffed animal lying on my bed)
5. TV (donated by a graduate student)

I'm turning into a boring antisocial nerd.
Sheesh. I'm off to comfort myself with my Purin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhlala,

I'm sure you are a sociable person, maybe it is a sign of moving on with age and the changing of priorities?

The_Laptop said...

lol

You old? Surely you jest...

And there's absolutely nothing wrong in not liking loud music, clubbing, spending too much money and drinking.

Some people like to live their lives that way, others don't. Why worry about it all? The most important thing is that you are happy with what and who you are.

Be proud of yourself.