Friday, October 07, 2011

Oh, and I missed school and now what...

Today, my alarm did not go off as planned (DARN YOU SMART PHONE TECHNOLOGY) and I missed school. And I was upset, still upset, am upset. And I find this is rather ridiculous. Why am I so upset over such a small thing? Maybe it is the Singaporean cannot-ever-miss-school mentality that I was brought up with. Argh, I feel like my life is almost over and I haven't yet lived. I have to go do something. But there is nothing better at the moment. Life is all relative.

1 comment:

The_Laptop said...

So an epiphany that I had recently was to realise that "school" is no longer our goal when we choose to partake in the endeavour known as research.

Life isn't really almost over; you haven't lived enough of it yet. You haven't experienced life as a mother, you haven't achieved the full potential that you are with your research, you haven't really thought about the hard problems much, you haven't really done all that can be done.

Hang in there, and keep thinking.