Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sentimental Ramblings

A casual meet up with friends (W, Q, T) resulted in us gate crashing VJ's fund raising dinner. It was really accidental. We were in the area and happened to stumble upon an open gate.

I met a peer who now works at the school. I am glad that I am not her, trapped in some eternal loop of students and exams and the past. She is probably happier than me. But that is really not the point.

I have always tried to cling on memories, experiences, sentimental whatnots, the coattails of the past. It's the garang guni blood in me at fault. But during this zhuo4 bo2 break in Singapore made me realized that there is little reason to do so. I am steadily gathering more memories with each passing year (darn aging!), and it is impossible to preserve the past. Things change, people age, buildings crumble, botox dissipate.

So what matters, who matters? People constantly move in and out of my life. The different jobs, the different schools, the different countries! It is like a drive-through. I should probably start spitting into people's food.


No comments: